About this blog

This blog chronicles Mihai's adventures in building and sailing boats.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Skerry build day 47: sanding and painting

'Disaster' struck twice today. First, as I was getting ready to prime the boat this morning I found a bare patch of wood I missed last night. I epoxied it but that was the end of the morning painting drill.

During the afternoon I continued to sand the inside of the boat (some parts will be easier to do once the boat is upside down) and drilled the various holes in the seats (for the main sheet) and the frames (for my fancy rope).

I then decided to just go ahead and prime the boat - the epoxy from the morning had cured enough. As I started doing it rain started so I frantically put up a tarp. In the end, though, hopefully it will all be OK. Tomorrow I should be able to sand the primer and possibly start painting.

Time: 2.5 hours
Total: 133 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment